Are you searching for ‘how to turn on-off windows defender in windows 10‘ then you are in the right place?
In this tutorial, we will guide you step-by-step on how to turn off or turn on Microsoft Defender Antivirus or Real-Time Protection in Windows 10.
What is Microsoft Defender Antivirus
Windows 10 provides comprehensive, built-in protection-at no extra cost, formerly known as windows defender. Microsoft defender antivirus still delivers the ongoing, and the real-time protection you expect against software threats like viruses, malware, and spyware across email, apps, the cloud, and the web.
How To Turn On-Off Windows Defender In Windows 10
Follow the following steps to turn on or turn off the Windows Defender Antivirus in Window 10.
- Enter “Windows security settings” into the Windows search bar which is at your desktop screen very bottom-left corner.
- Click on “Windows Security Settings”.
- After click on windows security settings, One new tab (Windows Security) will be open. On that tab, you need to click on “Virus & threat protection“.
- Scroll down the “Virus & threat protection” page. Under the “Virus & threat protection settings,” you will see the “Manage settings” option. You need to click on it.
- Once you will click on manage settings, the “Virus & threat protection settings” tab will open. Under the “Real-time protection” you will see the “Turn on” and “Turn off” option. If you will see blue color that means your windows defender is on right now. Once you will click on that then your windows defender will turn off.
Note: Once you will turn off the windows defender then one pop-up will open and it will ask you the, Yes and No option, then you need to click on Yes.
Finally, your Windows defender or real-time protection antivirus turn on-off. I hope this post “How to turn on-off windows defender in Windows 10” helped you to know about how to turn off windows defender antivirus. Now you can turn on or turn off windows defender whenever you want.
Important Note: If you’ve turned-off Windows defender for installing such type of software that is not authorized by Microsoft then don’t forget to turn on the Windows defender after the installation.
FAQ About Windows Defender Anti-Virus
Is Windows Defender good enough to protect the PC by itself?
If you do not use much internet on your PC then this windows defender antivirus software is sufficient for your PC. But if you use the most of the time Internet on your computer, then you can use some other antivirus like Kaspersky Anti-virus, Webroot Secure Anywhere Antivirus, Norton etc.
How much does Windows Defender Cost?
The standard price of a Windows 10 pro license is $199.99 for one computer. Pricing varies based on factors such as the number of licenses you want to purchase.
How do I download Windows Defender in Windows 10
If you have windows 10 operation system then you don’t need to download Windows defender. Because it comes with inbuilt. You need to check windows defender is enable or disable. If it is disable then you need to enable the Windows defender. For enable windows defender just follow the above process.
Is it OK to remove Windows defender from computer?
There’s no harm deleting the Windows defender files on you computer. Deleting this file will now affect any of the applications or software on your computer. They’re just a temporary files. You can delete it to free up some space on your drive.
How can I tell if Windows Defender is on?
You can check by following this process whether windows defender is on or not.
1. Click the Windows logo which is in the bottom left corner.
2. Scroll down and click Windows security to open the application.
3. On the windows security screen, click on Virus & threat protection.
4. Under the virus & threat protection settings, you need to click on manage settings.
5. Now under the real-time protection, you can see on-off options.
I hope your Windows defender problem has been resolved. If you like this post then don’t forget to share with your friends and family. Share your feedback in the comments section below.
You can also read this: